Asus is very quiet recently, but yesterday it decided to make a sensation. The company released new smartphone called Asus ZenFone Max Plus M1 with 18:9 screen, dual camera and a large battery. Also its price is good for well-known manufacturer – $300 in the official retail. Moreover, Asus decided to make the smartphone even more noticeable, and stole the name: Asus ZenFone Max Plus M1. Well done, but you still do not need to buy the smartphone.
Asus Zenfone Max Plus M1: Display
The display in smartphone is 5.7-inch with a resolution of Full HD + (2160 x 1080). We cannot say that it is bezel-less, because there are big panels above and below, and even on sides. But we see only renderers. Official website Asus says that new phone has the size of regular 5.2-inch devices:
• Asus ZenFone Max Plus M1 (5.7″): 152.6 x 73 x 8.8 mm
• Meizu M5 (5.2″): 147.2 x 72.8 x 8 mm
• HTC U Play (5.2″): 145.99 x 72.9 x 7.99 mm
Asus Zenfone Max Plus M1: Camera
The main camera is quite good on paper. It consists of two sensors – the main one has resolution of 16 megapixels and aperture f/2.0. The secondary wide-angle camera has 8 megapixels. Front camera is also 8-megapixel and f/2.0.
Asus Zenfone Max Plus M1: Performance
The chipset MediaTek MT6750T at the end of 2017 sounds very sad. In performance, it’s something like Qualcomm Snapdragon 435.
But it’s not so bad. There are 2 GB of RAM. To be honest, I don’t know why you need to so many RAM for Android phone.
Another interesting feature of Asus Zenfone Max Plus M1 is big battery. Its capacity is 4 130 mAh. It should be enough for working day.
Asus ZenFone Max Plus M1: Specifications
• MediaTek MT6750T chipset (4 x 1.0 GHz + 4 x 1.5 GHz, Cortex-A53, 28 nm)
• Graphics Mali-T860 MP2
• 2 GB of RAM
• 16 GB of internal memory + memory cards up to 256 GB
• 5.7-inch screen 18:9, IPS, resolution of 2160 x 1080
• Dual main camera: 16 megapixels f/2.0 + wide-angle 8-megapixel module with 120 degree angle, phase autofocus
• front camera with 8 megapixels, f/2.0, shooting angle 140 degrees
• 4130 mAh battery, fast charging 5V / 2A (for 3 hours from 0 to 100%)
• Sensors: lighting, approximation, acceleration, accelerometer, gyro, electronic compass
• Back fingerprint reader
• Android 7.0 Nougat
• Dimensions: 152.6 x 73 x 8.8 mm
• Weight 160 grams
• 2G, 3G, 4G
• 2 x Nano SIM
• Wi-Fi 802.11 (b / g / n), Bluetooth 4.1
Asus ZenFone Max Plus M1: Price and buy
As we already said, the price of new Asus smartphone is about $300. I think it is too much for smartphone with old hardware. Its red price is $200. By the way, we received press release and smartphone is called ZenFone Max Plus M1. However, you can find this smartphone on official website by name ASUS Zenfone 4 Max Plus.