In recent years, it has grown “fashion” to all sorts of quadrocopter drones and compact size. And just yesterday DJI presented a new model – DJI Mavic Pro. It is foldable and has some interesting features. Let’s learn more about it.
Dimensions of new items is very compact and as stated by the manufacturer, the new two smaller in size quadrocopters Phantom series. DJI Mavic Pro has a special design, because of which the blade can be folded, and the device does not take up much space in your backpack. Agree that carry the device in an ordinary bag is much more convenient than the use of bulky and special boxes for Phantom.
On board the new items is also present a set of sensors to the drone was able to navigate in space and independently produce a touchdown. Naturally it has its own camera with a resolution of 12 megapixels. It is similar to the model Phantom 4. Record the material is carried out with a maximum resolution of 4K at 30 frames / sec. The mean residence time in the air is equal to 27 minutes.
Is controlled through a special control panel complete with a compartment for your smartphone, which can be translated happens to quadrocopters camera. Broadcasting is carried out in resolutions up to Full HD at a distance of up to 7 m. Recall that the last “wrapper” is able to translate the image at a distance of 5 km.
If you want to feel new sensations, you should buy a special helmet virtual reality called Goggles, which allows you to see exactly everything that can “see” and drone.
Inside the suites are located to the display with Full HD resolution each. Steal your broadcast is unlikely someone will be able, as the signal is transmitted via an encrypted channel.
The cost of new items is $ 999, along with free shipping. There is an option and cheaper – for 750, but will have to manage through smartphone. Goggles headsets cost is not specified.
To the fullest extent to evaluate the technical characteristics of DJI Mavic Pro, better to divide them into categories. For a start look at Flight possible devices:
- dimensions (here is the main): 198 x 83 x 83 mm
- Weight: 743 grams (with hanging protection)
- Maximum lifting speed of 5 m / s
- lowering speed of 3 m / s
- Flight speed of 65 km / s (in sports mode)
- flight altitude up to 5000 meters
- Flight duration on a single charge 27 minutes (speed of 25 km / h and in the absence of wind) / 21 minutes (in normal flight and 15% charged residue)
- Battery capacity of 3830 mAh (type Li-Po 3S, 11,4 V, 43.6 Wh)
- maximum range of up to 13 km !!
- Operating temperature 0 to 40 ° C
- built-in GPS / GLONASS
We now turn directly to the drone’s camera:
- CMOS-powered 1 / 2.3 “(crop factor 6) 12 megapixels (4000 x 3000 pixels)
- 8-degree lens of 28 mm aperture of f / 2.2
- ISO 100 – 3200 (video) / 1600 (for photos)
- Shutter speed 8 – 1/8000 seconds
- Scene modes: single shot, continuous shooting, Time Laps
- video modes: 4K at 30 frames / sec – HD at 120 frames / sec (flow rate 60 Mbit / s)
- formats: JPEG, DNG, MP4, MOV
- Support Micro SD card up to 64 GB (recommended UHS-1)
- 3-axis stabilization
- The control panel for the DJI Mavic Pro
- The control panel for the DJI Mavic Pro with embedded smartphone
Since our hero – a clever device that comes with a special remote control, its characteristics also does not hurt to study separately:
- the operating frequency of 2.4 – 2, 483 GHz
- maximum range of transmission 7 km
- ≤26 dBm transmit power
- own battery at 2970 mAh
- fixation devices for the size: 6.5-8.5 mm thick and 160 mm in length
- type of connection: Micro USB, Lightning, USB Type-C