The company Xiaomi has announced in India a new version of its smartphone Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, which in the future are likely to go on sale in other countries. Unlike the original version of the device, which was built based on MediaTek Helio X20, the novelty has received less efficient Snapdragon chipset 625 and 4 GB of RAM in one of the modifications.
In India, you can buy a smartphone Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 from January 23 to the price of 9999 rupees (about $146) for the initial version with 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal memory. As usual, it will be available and less budget version with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal memory worth 161 USD. The top version of the device will be equipped with 4 GB of RAM and 64-gigabyte flash drive, and it will cost all around $ 190. Buyers can also choose from three body colors: white, gold, black and gray or completely black.
The basis of Indian Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 chipset became midrange Snapdragon 625, all eight cores clocked at 2GHz. Compared with MediaTek Helio X20, which is used in the original Chinese version of the device, the new SoC can be considered a step backwards. The popular benchmarks it is gaining about 30% less points than MediaTek Helio X20. At the same time the energy efficiency of large Qualcomm chipset allows us to hope that the time of smartphone battery life to increase slightly, despite the ongoing battery capacity (4100 mAh).
The rest of new Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Indian version is all the same Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 released in August last year. I recall that a full review of the smartphone can be read here. The device has an identical design has the same 5.5-inch display with Full HD resolution and a standard set of cameras: a 5-megapixel front and a 13-megapixel rear. Powered smartphone running Android 6.0 operating system that the manufacturer promises will soon be upgraded to Android 7.0. Naturally, there is also proprietary software shell MIUI 8, which in turn is updated to version 9.
Full list Specifications Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Indian version:
- 5-inch screen type IPS with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels (pixel density of 400 ppi)
- Snapdragon chipset 625 (eight processor cores Cortex-A53 clocked at 2 GHz)
- Adreno 506 graphics accelerator
- 2/3/4 GB RAM LPDDR3
- 32/64 GB of memory for storing user data eMMC 5.0 + Micro SD card support up to 128 GB
- 5-megapixel front and rear 13-megapixel (CMOS) camera, f / 2.0 aperture
- battery on the 4100 milliamp-hour, the possibility of rapid charging is not stated
- 2 SIM (Nano + Micro, one of the slots is aligned with the Micro SD)
- Fingerprint’s scanner
- sensors: light sensor and proximity, accelerometer, digital compass, infrared port, a gyroscope, a Hall sensor
- 4G FDD-LTE (band 3, 5, 40), Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n
- Dimensions: 151 x 76 x 8.45 mm
- Weight: 165 grams
- Colors: white, golden, dark gray, black
- Android 6.0 with a software add-in MIUI 8