Meizu company recently began to hide its plans for the release of new devices in 2017. Also, in the last few months, Meizu has been very sluggish in the smartphone market, while the competitor Xiaomi has already released pretty dual camera flagship Xiaomi Mi6.
As we know, devices with dual rear cameras are released abound, especially from third-tier manufacturers from China. As for Xiaomi, the company announced a dual camera phone last year called Xiaomi Mi5s Plus.
If we talk about Meizu, until now the company does not have dual camera phone at all. However, this year Chinese manufacturer is ready to correct its shortcoming with Meizu X2. New smartphone will receive two 12 MP cameras. If you hope that Meizu uses Qualcomm’s processor, but that will not happen – it will use Mediatek Helio X25. As far as we remember, these companies have already resolved all the patent disagreements, but they are not in a hurry to cooperate. It’s a pity.
Meizu X2: Specifications
As usual, a new smartphone from the company Meizu will not get the most attractive processor produced by Mediatek. Meizu X2 will have 10-core Helio X25 with an operating frequency of up to 2.5 GHz. The processor itself is not bad, but its graphic part by Mali-T880 is a complete failure for heavy games.
As for memory, then we are promised 3/4 GB of RAM and 32/64 GB of storage. Specification list of Meizu X20 read below:
- Case: metal and glass;
- Display: IPS matrix, diagonal 5.2 inches, resolution 1920×1080 pixels, density 424ppi, 2.5D glass;
- Processor: Mediatek Helio X25, 10-core, (2xCortex-A72 with frequency up to 2.5 GHz + 4xCortex-A53 with frequency up to 2.0 GHz + 4xCortex-A53 with frequency up to 1.55 GHz), 64-bit, technical process 20nm;
- Video core: Mali-T880, frequency 850 MHz;
- RAM: 3 or 4 GB of LPDDR3 with a frequency of up to 933 MHz, two-channel;
- ROM: 32 or 64 GB and support for microSD memory cards;
- Camera: dual, 12 MP sensor from Sony, autofocus, video recording in 4K @ 30fps;
- Self-camera: resolution 5 MP, aperture f / 2.0;
- The fingerprint scanner;
- Network: 4G LTE Cat6 – download up to 300 Mbit / s, return up to 50 Mbit / s;
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou;
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, 3.5 mm minijack;
- OS: Android 6.0 and the Flyme 6.0 shell;
- Battery: 3350 mAh, Li-Pol, charging Pump Express 3.0;
- Test Antutu: about 100,000 points;
- Price: $ 275 for 3/32 GB and $ 290 for 4/64 GB;
Meise X2: Design
Since the middle of last year, Meizu has actively launched smartphones with glass bodies, giving less and less preference to the metal. New smartphone Meizu X2 is a mid-price representative, so it’s no wonder that the manufacturer will make it from glass. It’s beautiful and even pulls on premium, but it’s hardly convenient, especially in black colors, as fingerprints will always remind you.
The most profitable Meizu X2 is to buy in white, on which divorces and other unpleasant moments after active use are not so visible.
Meizu X2: Performance
Mediatek Helio X25 is a good chipset with a high performance CPU, but low power GPU. For everyday tasks, medium or light games, it is enough, but to play in the top heavy games with maximum settings it will be difficult.
After 20-25 minutes of playing in heavy games, the smartphone starts to slowdown. So, if you need games, a lot of games, then Meizu X2 is not your option. Otherwise, the device is quite suitable for use and does not cause any problems.
As for synthetic performance, the Antutu benchmark shows about 100 000 scores.
Meizu X2: camera
Meizu X2 will be the first device from Chinese company with two main cameras. According to sources, Meizu X2 will have two sensors with a resolution of 12 MP each, but no one has specified the sensor model.
Also we know nothing about optical stabilizer, diaphragm and dual camera mode of operation. Most likely, the manufacturer of cameras will be Sony, and one of the sensors will shoot in monochrome, as it is fashionable now among Chinese smartphones.
Meizu X2: Release date, price
Unfortunately, release date of Meizu X2 is still unknown. Nevertheless, the prices for versions of devices with different amounts of memory are declassified now:
- Version with 3GB RAM / 32 GB of memory – $275;
- Version with 4GB RAM / 64 GB of memory – $290.
As you can see, Meizu X2 is not budget smartphone, but it is more attractive than its main competitor Xiaomi Mi5S with 64GB for $288.