Why smell from the mouth
The reasons for this unpleasant phenomenon can be very different from the minimum violation of oral health to serious problems with the gastrointestinal tract. Consider the main ones:
- Oral disease. Peculiar smell can cause not only launched caries, but also a variety of gingivitis, stomatitis, periodontal disease, etc. In this case, eliminate the smell will not work until the inflammation will not be eliminated;
- Bacteria. In case of insufficient oral hygiene bacteria can accumulate in the language between the teeth and at the gum line. These bacteria like most protein foods, eating that they emit volatile sulfur compounds. That they deliver a significant concern. It helps to cope with the problem of improving the quality of care of the oral cavity;
- Dentures. Here are the cause of the stench already described above bacteria. Lack of compliance with hygiene standards in the care of dentures can lead to inflammation, bacterial growth and a number of other complications;
- ENT diseases. Even with the inflammation of the lungs, trachea, nasal congestion, sinusitis, tonsillitis and other similar diseases of the respiratory organs can be a side effect of breath. If your problem is in this, it is necessary to cure the disease and the smell persists in itself;
- Xerostomia. This disease is characterized by lack of salivation, which in turn leads to insufficient purification of oral bacteria. Constant dry mouth can be a clear sign of the disease. If you notice a constant discomfort due to a lack of saliva and odor – See your doctor may need to make a diagnosis of salivary gland function;
- Internal Medicine. Unfortunately, often breath indicates a more serious disease (kidney, liver, stomach, pancreas, gall). If all possible external causes are eliminated, and halitosis still remained, the visit to the doctor would be the best solution.
How can I help myself
In addition to the above recommendations, you can do something else to eliminate halitosis. No matter what the cause of the discomfort caused by, but try:
- Drink more water. Water consumption stimulates salivation and contributes to a better cleansing of the mouth of the bacteria;
- Proper nutrition will also deal with the problem quickly. If your diet is dominated by protein foods, it is necessary to change it in favor of fresh fruits and vegetables;
- Strengthening the gums will not hurt in any way. Not necessarily buy for expensive toothpastes and ointments, will be a great tool mouthwash decoction of oak bark.
As you can see, bad breath – not a critical issue, with which it is possible to cope with.