2017 is the year of bezel less and full screen phones with 18:9 aspect ratio. But which one to buy? Galaxy S8 will be a pumpkin in a year and a half. iPhone X has not released yet, but when it comes out – the price is very high. LG G6 runs on an old processor, but it’s worth it. New Chinese smartphone Oukitel K5000 with 18:9 display costs only $160. So, we decided to make review of specifications and features of new smartphone.
You may think that it is Oukitel C8, which is two and a half times cheaper and also have full screen. As for $80 smartphone, the specifications are really good. But if you need more powerful device, then Oukitel K5000 is better option.
Oukitel K5000 is powered by eight-core processor MTK6750T with Cortex-A53 cores and Mali-T860 MP2 graphics. The chipset can be compared to MediaTek Helio P10 and Snapdragon 625. There is 4GB of RAM. The interface, applications, not heavy games – all this work quickly and smoothly.
The screen of the smartphone is 5.7-inch, and resolution is 1440 x 720 pixels. The pixel density of 282 ppi for a smartphone for $160 is a big advantage.
Oukitel K5000 is quite thick – 10.8 millimeters. But this is because of the battery, whose capacity is 5000 mAh. Often, when a new ultra-thin smartphone releases, people say: “It would be better to put a larger battery!”. You are welcome!
Oukitel K5000: Specifications list
- MTK6750T (8 x 1.5 GHz, Cortex-A53) chipset
- Graphics Mali-T860 MP2
- 4 GB of RAM
- 64 GB ROM, can be expanded to 128 GB
- 5.7-inch display 18:9 and resolution HD+ (1440 x 720, 282 pixels per inch)
- 13MP main camera module with interpolation up to 16 megapixels (Sony IMX135)
- 16-megapixel front camera with interpolation up to 21 megapixels (Samsung 3P3)
- 5000 mAh battery (9V/2A)
- Android Nougat 7.0 operating system
- Sensors: lighting, proximity, accelerometer, gyro, compass
- Rear Fingerprint reader
- Connectors: USB Type-C, without 3.5 mm audio jack
- Colors: Brilliant Blue, Jet Black, Champagne gold
- 2G, 3G, 4G (bands: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20)
- 2 x Nano SIM
- Wi-Fi (802.11 a / b / g / n), Bluetooth version 4.0
- Navigation: GPS, GLONASS
Price and Buy
Oukitel K5000 can not be criticized, because it gives everything it needs for $160, and even more: 4 GB of RAM, 5000 mAh battery and 18:9 full screen. The smartphone is available on pre-order from October 23.