This is a condition that requires emergency care, as a serious threat to the life of a sick person. Below you will find out what it is, what are the symptoms and how to remove bronchospasm in adults and children.
Recognize the danger of
Most often, bronchospasm as complications occur in a person suffering from chronic obstructive bronchitis or asthma. Sometimes disease develops after an anaphylactic or allergic shock, but only in people with weak walls of the bronchi. Some people are predisposed to it since early childhood. And the cause of bronchospasm are diseases such as adenoids, laryngitis, hay fever, rhinitis, bronchitis. Same attack can cause sensitization, strong emotion, exercise, pungent odor.
Here are the main features of bronchospasm:
- Rapidly developing shortness of breath, which can develop into asthma. Person finds it difficult to breathe, it breathes, but not exhale until the end, why carbon dioxide accumulates in the lungs.
- The patient sits on the edge, resting his hands on the seat and trying to inhale as much air.
- The skin becomes bluish, face and neck become puffy.
How to help?
If you find all of these symptoms in a person who is close to you, act immediately.
- Take advantage of the inhaler if he is patient, let infuse two or three times;
- Injected into a vein aminophylline;
- Put a drip of saline and two milliliters of prednisone or dexamethasone. Injection jet;
- If the result is not present, add in 1 ml dropper ephedrine or epinephrine;
- Call an ambulance or a doctor (if you are in the hospital).
How to remove bronchospasm in a child?
The first thing you should do is to neutralize the stimulus (carry away the child in another room, preferably in the fresh air). Wash it if possible – rinse nasal passages. Deliver chest from tight clothing, gives semi-sitting position. Give the medicine or make inhalation with bronchodilator effect. Would be appropriate to drink warm expectorant. If the attack persists for hours – call the doctor or head for the hospital.
Remember that when bronchospasm is strictly forbidden to take sedatives, antihistamines, cough preparations, use honey, untested herbs, fragrant ointment. Otherwise, the patient’s condition may deteriorate and become complicated allergic reaction.