The other day we wrote that the company Meizu is preparing a medium-priced smartphone called Meizu MX7. It should be the first smartphone of Meizu brand on the processor from Qualcomm. It is not yet clear whether Snapdragon 821 or a new average Snapdragon 660 will be used. But it’s no matter, because both chips are good.
Today we are talking about flagship smartphone Meizu Pro 7, which will appear either simultaneously with MX7, or even earlier. A lot of sources says that Meizu Pro 7 works on processor from Mediatek – Helio X30.
Yes, you’ll probably ask why the more affordable and budget phone Meizu MX7 will get Snapdragon, and the top device will work a chipset from Mediatek? Well, firstly, the information about Meizu MX7 has not yet been officially confirmed, and secondly, Mediatek Helio X30 on the paper has very tasty features that are clearly not inferior to Snapdragon 660/821.
As already mentioned, the flagship of the company Meizu will not get a chip from Qualcomm. Whether it’s bad or not, it’s too early to judge, since the real work of Mediatek Helio X30 is unknown in applications and games. Yes, everything looks beautiful and logical on paper, but in practice is more severe. If you wait for a smartphone from Meizu on the chipset from Qualcomm, it will happen no earlier than in the autumn 2017. Now we talk about features of Meizu Pro 7.
Meizu Pro 7: specifications
- Body: metal, glass, plastic separators;
- Screen parameters: 5.2 inches, FullHD resolution 1920×1080 pixels, Super AMOLED matrix, 10-touch multitouch, additional screen (details are not specified);
- Mediatek Helio X30, 10-core, 2 cores Cortex-A73 up to 2.5 GHz + 4 Cortex-A53 up to 2.2 GHz + 4 Cortex-A53 up to 1.9 GHz, technical process 10nm, 64-bit;
- Video accelerator: PowerVR 7XTP-MT4, four cores with a frequency of 800 MHz;
- RAM: 4 GB to 6 GB standard LPDDR4X with a frequency of 1866 MHz (two-channel);
- Internal storage: from 64 GB + memory card microSD;
- Main camera: dual module from Sony, IMX386 sensor with 12 MP color resolution + IMX286 at 12 MP monochrome, video recording in 4K @ 30 fps, autofocus, flash;
- Self-camera: 16MP resolution, Samsung S5K368, wide viewing angle;
- Fingerprint scanner in the Mtouch button;
- Wi-Fi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac (2×2 MU-MIMO) and Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C 2.0, GPS, 3.5 mm minijack;
- Support for 4G LTE Cat.10 networks: download up to 450 Mbit / s, return up to 150 Mbit / s;
- A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou;
- Battery: 3200 mAh + fast charging;
- OS version: Android 7.0 + Flyme 6.6 shell;
- Test Antutu: about 160,000 points;
- Price: from 390 dollars for the younger version.
Meizu Pro 7: processor and performance
As we said earlier, Meize Pro 7 will have the top-end processor Mediatek Helio X30. The new chipset consists of 10 cores, where 2 cores of Cortex-A73 are productive, and Cortex-A53 in different blocks of 4 pieces are responsible for average performance and energy-saving modes.
The processor is built on a 10-nanometer process technology, which is already important. The performance of AnTuTu reaches 160000 scores – the level of last year’s Snapdragon 821. As you know, many users don’t like the processors from Mediatek because of the weak graphics accelerator Mali, but the Helio X30 has a completely different Graphics – PowerVR 7XTP-MT4.
If this does not tell you anything, then we explain – the graphics accelerator has a performance of 410 Gflops, and it is Adreno 530 level in Snapdragon 820/821. It says that Meizu Pro 7 should run games at the maximum settings with the maximum frame rate. And what else do you need from a modern smartphone of top segment? That’s right, energy efficiency and low heat – thanks to the process technology in 10nm Helio X30 should not have problems with that.
Meizu Pro 7: display
It is reported that new smartphone will have two displays at once, although there is still no specifics about such a solution. There are three ways to develop this technology:
- An additional screen for clamshells like the recently presented Samsung W2017. Exactly not the prospect of Meizu Pro 7;
- A special E-Ink display on the back of the smartphone, best known for its YotaPhone ;
- A customizable touchscreen display from the top of the main – like the LG V10 and V20 and V20.
There is also the fourth solution, but the most extraordinary about an additional screen. There is a rumor that the mini-display will be built into the touch button mTouch, while users can customize it for their own needs.
If we talk about the type and resolution of the display Meizu Pro 7, then everything is standard: the matrix is Super AMOLED, and the resolution of Full HD 1080p. MEizu decided not to resort to QuadHD, although such a solution is possible by HelioX30 – most likely, the manufacturer does not see the rationality in pixel redundancy. Take the same competitor Xiaomi Mi6, which also has Full HD – for a display with a diagonal of 5.2 inches this is more than enough.
Meizu Pro 7: cameras
While the portfolio of Meizu hasn’t two-camera devices yet, but we meet a lot of sources that says about Meizu X2 with the dual module. Meizu Pro 7 will also have two cameras. One of them will be Sony IMX386 of 12 MP to take pictures with RGB mode, and second module is IMX286 of 12 MP that allows to shoot in monochrome. It is quite a standard solution, which does not stand out against the background of competitors.
More detailed information regarding the cameras is missing, but it is worth noting that the similar sensor Sony IMX386 has proved itself in many smartphones, including its own production of the brand: Meizu M3X , Meizu MX6, Meizu PRO 6S , Meizu PRO 6 Plus , Huawei Honor 6X and Xiaomi Mi6 .
As for front camera, there will be 16 MP sensor from Samsung, and we are promised stunning photos.
Meizu Pro 7 Plus: Features
The Internet is actively spreading information that Meizu Pro 7 will receive an older brother in the face of Meizu Pro 7 Plus. Considering that almost every new flagship of any company comes out in two different versions with different screen sizes, it’s logical to expect Meizu Pro 7 Plus. It is reported that specifications of Plus version will not differ from the original features of Pro 7. The main changes will affect only the display – 5.7 inches instead of 5.2 inches.
Meizu Pro 7 release date, price, buy
Representatives of the company do not comment on the most important moment about Meizu Pro 7 – release date. Initially, it was expected that new smartphone will appear on MWC 2017, after it was said about the dates at the end of May.
Alas, not a single forecast has come true, so we are waiting for June, there’s no point in further delaying the presentation of the flagship. If we talk about the price, then the Chinese social network Weibo even called the price Meizu Pro 7. It should be 2699 yuan, which is about $391. Thus, the new smartphone will not compete directly with the more expensive Huawei P10, LG G6 and Samsung Galaxy S8, but will become an alternative to Xiaomi Mi6.