UMIDIGI Z Pro is not only the first smartphone from company UMi, announced after its renaming in UMIDIGI, but also the first device equipped with two cameras.
UMIDIGI Z Pro: Release date
In selling the device will arrive on 1 March, and shortly before UMIDIGI plans to hold a presentation of the device on MWC 2017.
UMIDIGI Z Pro, as easy to guess, is a close relative UMi Z presented in December 2016. In fact, the new device – it’s all the same UMi Z, but equipped with two cameras and has black colored case. The original UMi Z, recall, is available to customers in two colors: gray and gold.
Instead of single-core Samsung camera, which was equipped with the previous model, UMIDIGI Z Pro received dual photo module Sony IMX258. Resolution of both rear camera is 13 megapixels, but only one of them is just to take pictures, while the other plays a supporting role. Such a decision, according to the manufacturer, improves the sharpness of the photos, but also provides the opportunity to zoom, create a bokeh effect and change the focus on ready-made images.
The rest of UMIDIGI Z Pro is an exact copy of UMi Z. The smartphone equipped with the same top-end processor Helio X27, gaining more than 116 000 points in AnTuTu benchmark, 4 GB of RAM, 32 GB of flash storage and 13-megapixel front camera made by Samsung. The resolution of 5.5-inch screen is 1920 x 1080 pixels, and the battery capacity – 3780 mAh.
UMIDIGI Z Pro based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system, but the manufacturer promises the update to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Specifications UMIDIGI Z Pro:
- 5,5-inch Sharp IGZO screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels (pixel density 401 ppi), covered with a glass-2,5D
- System-on-chip MediaTek Helio X27 (4 core Cortex-A53 at 1.4 GHz, 4 core Cortex-A53 at 2 GHz, 2 cores Cortex-A72 at 2.5 GHz)
- Graphics accelerator ARM Mali-T880 MP4
- 4 GB of RAM standard LPDDR3
- 32 GB of internal memory Samsung eMMC 5.1 + support Micro SD cards with a capacity up to 256 GB
- Dual rear photo module Sony IMX258 (13 + 13 megapixel) with laser autofocus and flash of four LEDs
- 13 megapixel Front camera Samsung
- Battery capacity of 3780 mAh
- Android 6.0.1 and then upgrade to Android 7.0
- Sensors: light sensor and proximity, accelerometer, a fingerprint reader
- Connectors: USB Type-C (OTG been supporting), output 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Body dimensions: 154 x 76 x 8.2 mm
- Weight 175 grams
- Black color
UMIDIGI Z Pro: Price
The recommended price UMIDIGI Z Pro is $299.99. For comparison, the original UMi Z, without dual photo module, can be purchased from some tens of dollars cheaper.