In early July, Blackview company announced a very interesting smartphone called Blackview BV9500. It received a protection from water and drops according to US military standards. Also, it has a huge battery of 10000mAh with fast and wireless charging support.
In general, Blackview is famous for its rugged devices, but Blackview BV9500 looks like the best one in 2018. It has powerful hardware and magnificent design. A dual camera, a fingerprint scanner on the side, a large full screen with thin bezels – isn’t it a dream? So, we will not delay, and make first review of Blackview BV9500.
Blackview BV9500: Design
Talking about design of new phone, it doesn’t differ much from other rugged smartphones. From other side, Blackview BV9500 doesn’t have any rough bulging ribs or heavy plates on the back cover. Everything is pretty nice. Of course, given its protected functions and, battery capacity and large display, the smartphone is hard to hold in one hand.
The Chinese manufacturer also didn’t forget about bezels around the screen. It made them as thin as possible. Of course, protection against water and drops is important, but customers will not buy smartphones with thick bezels in 2018.
In general, BV9500 from Blackview leaves very good impressions, and it’s great.
Blackview BV9500: Protection
As you know, the protection of smartphone can be different. Some manufacturers make exceptionally massive cases to ensure the best protection. Others prefer classic design with only dust and moisture protection.
Blackview BV9500 is a smartphone that has features from the first and the second. According to US military standards, it is not afraid of water by IP68/9 standard. It will also survive in mud, dust, sand and other difficult conditions.
The standard IP69K provides protection from high temperatures and external pressure.
Blackview BV9500: Display
The screen diagonal is 5.7 inches with aspect ratio of 18:9. The display panel is IPS, while the resolution is 2160×1080 pixels. It gives a pixel density of around 424 ppi. Also we are pleased with maximum brightness of 500 nits and a protected glass of the latest generation Gorilla Glass 5.
Blackview BV9500: Performance
BV9500 is powered by good chipset MediaTek Helio P23. We cannot say it is the most powerful and advanced processor, but it provides low power consumption. The maximum clock frequency reaches 2.3 GHz. Also, it has 16nm process technology and graphics accelerator Mali-G71 MP2.
As for the memory, new Blackview rugged phone 4GB of RAM LPDDR4X and 64GB of internal memory with microSD memory cards support. By the way, also there is Blackview BV9500 Pro model with 6GB of RAM.
Blackview BV9500: Camera
The main camera has two sensors. Both of them are from Sony. Although, sensors were released about two years ago, they still provide good image quality. The main sensor Sony IMX298 has a resolution of 16MP, f/2.0 aperture and pixel size of 1.132 microns.
Unfortunately, you can shoot a video only in Full HD resolution without image stabilization. The secondary sensor of 0.3MP is needed for portrait mode.
The front camera of Blackview BV9500 has 13-megapixel sensor Samsung S5K3L8. To be clear, this sensor was actively used in 2016 in Xiaomi smartphones, such as Redmi 4 Pro. The aperture of the front camera is f/2.0. Also, there is front LED flash to make good selfies in low light conditions.
In addition, the smartphone has USB Type-C 2.0 port for charging and synchronizing. There is 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi with a frequency of 5 GHz, and NFC.
Blackview BV9500: Battery
Perhpas, the main highlight of this phone is 10000mAh battery. It provides at least 3 days of battery life on a single charge. There is support for fast charging with 5V and 2A, 7V and 2A, 9V/12V and 2V. The full battery charge from 0% to 100% of 10000 mAh battery takes about 3.5 hours.
The smartphone also supports wireless charging techonology QI. It is not as fast as fast charging, but very comfortable to use. You don’t need any wires.
Blackview BV9500: Features
- Colors: black, yellow, green;
- Case: metal frame, plastic, glass Gorilla Glass 5;
- Degree of protection: IP68 and military standard IP69K;
- Screen parameters: IPS matrix, diagonal 5.7 inches, density 424 ppi, brightness 500 nits, aspect ratio 18: 9, resolution 1080×2100 pixels, occupies up to 62.32% of the area, multitouch;
- Processor: Mediatek Helio P23, eight cores (4 x Cortex-A53 with frequency up to 2.3 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A53 with frequency up to 1.65 GHz), 16 nm process technology, 64-bit;
- Graphics: ARM Mali-G71 MP2, the frequency of 770 MHz;
- RAM: 4 GB of dual-channel LPDDR4X 1600 MHz;
- Storage: 64 GB, support for memory cards;
- Main camera: Sony IMX298 at 16MP + add. sensor at 0.3MP, f/2.0, pixel size f/2.0, 6 lenses, autofocus, flash, recording video in Full HD;
- Front camera: Samsung S5K3L8 at 13 MP, f/2.0, pixel size 1,127 microns, 5 lenses, flash;
- Navigation: GPS and A-GPS, GLONASS;
- Communications: USB Type-C 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, 3.5 mm audio output;
- Sound: mono;
- Communication: two micro SIM, support for 4G LTE Cat.6 networks;
- Fingerprint scanner on the right end;
- OS: Android 8.1 with upgrade to 9.0 P;
- Battery: 10000 mAh, non-removable, fast charging up to 12V and 2A, wireless charging;
- Dimensions: 165 x 81.8 x 18.7 mm;
- Weight: 365 grams;
- Price: $279
Blackview BV9500: Price and release date
Blackview chose a very unusual method for selling Blackview BV9500. Right now there is pre-sale of new smartphone on official Aliexpress page. The sales start is scheduled for July 30. Device can be pre-ordered from July 10.
At that time the phone costs $270. However, every day its price grows exactly by 3 dollars. Today Blackview BV9500 costs already $285. Hurry up, if you want to get the best rugged smartphone of 2018 at an attractive price. After all, in 2 weeks it will cost $320.
Blackview BV9500 Video Review