In this article we will talk about the full optimization of MIUI 11. If you have Xiaomi smartphone, most likely it has already received the latest update to MIUI 11.
Why do you need to do a system optimization? First, energy efficiency will improve and the battery life will last longer. The smartphone will accelerate, and you will have more free memory.
In addition, MIUI 11 optimization will allow you to remove unnecessary apps, speed up the Internet, reduce traffic consumption and disable ads.
This is a very useful and necessary information for all owners of Xiaomi and Redmi smartphones. Let’s get started!
Disable App Vault on MIUI 11 (Widget To The Left of Main Screen)
App vault is located on the left of the main screen. Many people don’t need it at all. The menu offers many widgets, news and other garbage. It is useless in 90% of cases. If you use App Vault, then feel free to go to another point of this article, and if not, then read carefully how to disable app vault on MIUI 11.
- Press and hold on an empty place on the main screen until the “Settings” menu appears;
- Click on “Settings” icon on the main screen, then click on “More“;
- Disable the option “App Vault“.
How To Increase Headphone Sound on MIUI 11?
To do this, first go to “Settings“, then select “Additional Settings“, and click on “Region“. After that, look for “Singapore“, and choose it.
This region allows the smartphone to produce maximum volume in the headphones.
After changing the region do not forget to charge the date and time, and then reboot!
Disable App Updates in MIUI 11
If you want to control app updates in MIUI 11 manually, you should go to Google Play Store settings.
- Open Google Play Store – “Settings” – “Notifications” – and turn off all the icons, such as “Updates” and “Auto-Updates“;
- Go back one step and click on “App download preference“. Choose – “Ask every time“;
- Also click on “Auto-update apps“, and select “Don’t auto-update apps“.
Disable Unnecessary Apps in MIUI 11
You know it is better to disable the apps that you don’t use. Some of them takes a lot of memory, while another use system sources, so your phone works slower.
- Open “Settings” menu on your smartphone, and look for “Apps” menu.
- Here you have to choose “Manage apps“. Please note: you cannot disable system apps.
- At the bottom, there are three options: “Force Stop“, “Uninstall” and “Clear Data“.
I have deleted Amazfit app, because I’m not using this app anymore. I also removed Facebook services, since I do not use the social media.
Disable Ads on MIUI 11
If you are tired of ads on MIUI 11, then you can disable them. Follow the steps below to disable ads on MIUI 11.
- First, open “Downloads” app, click on “Settings” icon and disable “Show recommended content” option;
- Then go to Browser, select “Settings” and choose the menu “Privacy & Security“. Turn off the option “Personalized services“;
- Open “Music” app – “Settings” – “Advanced settings” – and disable the option “Show recommended content“;
- Do the same with “Themes” app: go to “Settings” and disable “Show recommended content“;
- Next, go to “Explorer” app – “Settings” – “Information” and disable “Show recommended content“;
- The next app is called “Security“: go to “Settings” and disable “Show recommended content“;
- Now open “Settings” and choose “Additional settings“. At the bottom you will find “Privacy” option. Click on it, and then disable the following options: “User Experience Program” and “Send diagnostic data automatically“.
- Also, click on “Ad services” and disable “Personalized ad recommendations“.
It will take about two minutes to do everything, but after that, your Xiaomi smartphone doesn’t have ads.
Reduce the consumption of Internet traffic in MIUI 11
As you understand, by reducing Internet traffic consumption, you improve the energy efficiency of your smartphone. Since fewer data is consumed, less time is spent on system and hardware resources.
First, open “Security” app, and then look for “Data usage” option. Here you need to click on “Restrict data usage“. There are two tabs “Mobile data” and “Wi-Fi“.
Disable all app that you do not want to give access to Internet in background. If you go down to the very bottom, you will see the option “System Applications“. Here you need to carefully disable the apps, because these are system apps.
Additional Features in “Developer Menu” on MIUI 11
To get “Developer Menu” on MIUI 11, you need to go to “Settings” on your Xiaomi smartphone, then choose “About Phone” and click on MIUI version about 10-15 times until a notification pops up that you are a developer.
Next, go back to “Settings” – “Advanced settings” and choose “Developers Options“.
In this menu, you can also disable some options, such as “Automatic system updates“.
If you go down, you will see the animation settings. It can be done either faster = 0.5x or slower, equal to 1.5x. You can also enable GPU acceleration, enable MIUI optimization, and turn off notifications about dangerous functions.
That’s all! Do not forget to turn off GPS, synchronization and mobile Internet in Quick settings menu. The steps taken above to optimize MIUI 11 will give results immediately, and you will notice how the smartphone began to work a little faster, as well as longer on a single battery charge.