Modern technologies not only simplify our life, some of them are created to take care of the health of their users. For example, fitness trackers monitors physical activity, phases of sleep and heart rate. Therefore, the wearable devices can immediately identify problems. One of the latest gadgets in the world of fitness bracelets is Newwear Q3.
It is budget fitness tracker with design of smartwatch. It has affordable price, good specifications and a wide range of functions. Today we will review Newwear Q3, and find out its advantages and disadvantages.
Newwear Q3: Features
- Screen: 1.3 inch LCD with a resolution of 240 x 240 pixels.
- Processor: NRF52832.
- Battery: 230 mAh.
- Protection: IP68 (waterproof to 50 meters).
- Dimensions: 41.6 mm x 35.0 mm x 10.8 mm.
- Weight: 60 grams.
Newwear Q3: Package
The tracker comes in a small, neat white box. It has “smart watch” inscription on the front side, but it is not exatly true. It is just smart band or fitness tracker.
Inside the box you can find Newwear Q3, a short charging magnetic cable, user guide in Chinese and English with QR code for downloading Hey Band application.
Newwear Q3: Design
The fitness itself has a rectangular shape. The front side is almost completely occupied by the screen. We will talk about it in more details later. We have a gadget with a metal strap, and it looks pretty attractive. The tracker’s body is metal with plastic parts.
The device can be bought in three colors: gold, silver or black case, with a gray, black or orange silicone strap. In addition, there is a version with a metal braided bracelet. It can be in black, gray or gold color.
At first glance it seems that the screen is completely touch-sensitive, but it’s not. Newwear Q3 has only one touch button. It is located at the bottom of the display. It is used for switching functions. Also, the watch can be activated by the raising of the hand, and this function works very quickly.
Newwear Q3 has a size of only 24.50 x 3.50 x 1.08 cm and weight of 0.0600 kg.
Newwear Q3: Application
All settings for Newwear Q3 are made using Hey Band application. You can download it by scanning QR-code in user manual, or download it from Google Play via this link. Also, the app is available for iOS devices by this link.
The app supports multi-language, including English, Russian, Spanish and others. Hey Band app requires registration. To do this, enter the email address, the characters from the picture and the password twice. Then click “Accept and Agree.” Next you need to choose gender, height, weight, year and month of birth, indicate the daily goal by steps and range of blood pressure.
The next step is to enable Bluetooth on your phone. We agree with everything and connect the tracker to the smartphone.
Now you can go to the setup. The app menu is divided into 3 sections, each of which has its own sub-sections:
- Indicators of activity.
- General information.
- Sleep monitoring.
- Indicators of the body.
- Sports modes.
- Graph of changes in heart rate.
- The settings of the bracelet.
- Permission to obtain location data.
- Reminder settings. In this item you can set 3 alarms, remind the activity, remind you to drink water, enable or disable call notifications, SMS messages, and choose which applications or social networks notifications will be displayed.
- Display settings.
- Turning on or off the mode does not disturb (no alarms except the alarm will come to the bracelet).
- Measurement of blood pressure. When this function is enabled, the pressure will be measured automatically once per hour.
- Heart rate.
- Style settings. This is an opportunity to change the look of the dial, choosing from four options.
- Universal settings.
- Firmware. Here you can see the information about the firmware version and update it.
- Personal information.
- Setting goals. At this point, you can set the goal of steps, distances and calories per day.
- Share with your friends your achievements.
- Enable camera control for your smartphone.
- Select the units of measure.
- Read more. More information about the application and the company’s manufacturer.
Newwear Q3: Functions
The watch is equipped with a 1.3-inch touch screen, with a resolution of 240 x 240 pixels. It is colorful and quite bright. In the room everything is perfectly visible. But in direct sunlight it can be difficult to consider something. This is a common problem for most budget fitness trackers.
You can choose a convenient interface for you from the four preset. As we said before, using the touch button you can switch between the functions of the device. Here they are the same as other fitness trackers: hours, steps, calories, distance, heart rate, sleep monitoring, etc.
There is no speaker in the device, and therefore when you receive a call or a message, Newwear Q3 notifies you by vibration. It is very strong. When you receive a call, the phone number is shown on the screen. When you receive a message, it will be displayed on the screen. The sports mode icons are beautiful, large enough and understandable.
Newwear Q3: Battery
Smart bracelet received a lithium polymer battery with a capacity of 230 mAh. According to the manufacturer, the device will work on a single charge up to 60 days. Of course, this depends on how actively the gadget will be used.
In the package with Newwear Q3 there is a magnetic charging cable. This type of charge is used in many other fitness tracker. The full battery charge takes about 1.5 hours.
Newwear Q3: Price
So, Newwear Q3 is one of the best fitness trackers in its price category. It will be a great alternative to more expensive devices in this segment. It has many advantages and disadvantages.
- Colorful and large enough screen.
- Water resistant to 50 meters.
- Tracking of various sports modes, including swimming.
- Measurement of heart rate and pressure.
- Good battery life.
- Low screen brightness.
- Not touch screen.
- Incorrect displays notifications and messages.
As for the price, we bought Newwear Q3 on GearBest for only $21.99. Also, there are more expensive versions with metal straps.