Oukitel continues to release rugged smartphones. They are not only protective and durable (drops, water, dust), and also have great battery life. The smartphone Oukitel WP5000 was announced at MWC 2018. It received 5000mAh battery and fairly powerful hardware. Let’s make first review and find out its main features.
Oukitel WP5000: Design
You can say that rugged phones are heavy and big. Oukitel WP5000 is no exception:
• dimensions: 168.8 x 81.9 x 13.9 mm
• weight 276.5 grams
In any case, the future owners of WP5000 will not afraid of damage and drops.
Oukitel WP5000: Display
As any new phone in 2018, Oukitel WP5000 comes with display with 18:9 aspect ratio. In general, the new screen standard provides bigger screen, without increasing the size of device. However, new Oukitel is an exception to the rule. It is really big smartphone!
The other specs of display are standard: 5.7 inches diagonal, a resolution of 1440 x 720, a density of 282 points. My experience shows that HD+ resolution for 5.8 inches displays are enough for comfortable using.
By the way, don’t forget that Oukitel WP5000 is rugged smartphone, so it is protected against moisture (standard IP68), dust and even from drops. In general, the phone is not designed to carry in pocket of jeans in the city, but rather for extreme travels through mountains, forests and rugged terrain.
Oukitel WP5000: Hardware
• MediaTek Helio P25 processor with 8 cores with a frequency of up to 2.5 GHz and support for 64-bit commands
• graphics Mali-T880 MP2 (900 MHz)
• 6 GB RAM
• 64 GB flash storage
• Back camera 16 Mp (interpolation up to 21MP) + second for background blur on 8 Mp
• frontalka at 8 megapixels (increased to 13 megapixels) with its own LED flash
• 5,000 mAh battery (fast charging with 9 volts and 2 amperes)
• Android 7.1 OS
• networks: LTE (frequencies: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20), Wi-Fi (802.11 a / b / g / n), Bluetooth 4.2
• Combined tray under the “sim card” format Nano and Micro SD card
• Sensors: accelerometer, light and distance sensors, fingerprint scanner (rear), gyro, compass, face unlock with front camera
• interfaces: USB Type-C, no audio output
There are no more details about specifications. However, it is known that the device will come in three colors. The body is always made of black plastic with metal inserts, but the strips along the perimeter of the body can be different: black, orange or green.
Oukitel WP5000: Release date and price
When the smartphone goes on sale and its price is still unknown. However, you can find more detailes about design by the video below.
Oukitel WP5000 Video Review