Summertime vacations inexorably approaching, and many are already ticking the days to the promised vacation. Wherever you were going to – on the hot beaches of the south or the cool northern lakes – there are only two things without which you just can not do. This money and documents. Therefore, their safety and security is better to think in advance, then to not be excruciatingly painful for torn vacation. In this article we have compiled for you a proven time and experience traveler tips that will help ensure maximum security of your finances and documents abroad.
1. Make backup copies of all
In life, as well as the digital divide, it is sometimes useful to think in advance about the backup. So be sure to make backup copies of virtually everything that matters to you. To be sure how best to do the actual paper copies to be stored separately from the originals, such as a suitcase, and a digital version of the documents loaded into one of the cloud services (Dropbox, Google Drive, and so on). This will help you in case of loss of your identity documents and avoid additional problems.
2. Make a list of essential phone
In our time, so we rely on their electronic assistants that without them feel completely helpless. Check yourself right now: how many phones you have in your head and can accurately reproduce if necessary?
So let’s not rely on your memory and make a list of phones that can be useful to you. This list must include contact embassy in the country where you go, emergency services, phone your bank, as well as two or three close relatives or friends. And, of course, as in the previous paragraph, this list should exist in paper form in your things, and digital – in the cloud service.
3. Keep money parts
One of the main rules of proper money management in a way is to divide them into several parts. Depending on your type of travel, specific advice may be slightly different, but the general idea is – the basic amount must be in the most secure location (in the safe in the hotel, in a suitcase), and in your pocket there are only the money that is needed for the current costs. If you were in a country with an unstable financial system, or simply can not accurately calculate how much money you will need in the coming days, it is best to keep the principal amount of hard currency and replace it with a local as needed.
4. Use bank cards
In all countries, except for really quite exotic and remote corners of the planet, plastic card is a convenient and safe way to get cash and pay for goods and services. And in some cases, for example in the case of arrival in the country late at night or having to pay a large sum, the card will help you avoid additional problems associated with cash.
Of course, follow basic safety rules for withdrawals and payments. You should not use ATMs in sparsely populated areas or if it inspires you to view the suspicion must be included SMS-notification of operations, you can not trust anyone your PIN, and so on.
5. Observe reasonable security measures
Atmosphere of rest and relaxation universal resort can lead to the fact that the world you will find a warm, cozy and perfectly safe. To reality in the strongest not smacked you on the ground, should strictly follow the simplest and most common security measures. Never shine your fat wallet in crowded places. Use wearable bags, pockets and hidden caches designed for storing money, documents and valuables as you would be ridiculous it may seem. Beware of new acquaintances, especially if you feel that it is imposed on you specifically. In short, keep a healthy skepticism and just be sensible.
What to do if you do get into trouble?
If, despite all precautions, you had an accident and you have lost money and / or documents, you will need to take measures to mitigate the adverse effects. In some cases, it avoids the situation even worse, and even continue your trip or vacation.
- If you have stolen documents, then immediately contact the consulate and consult about their next steps. There prompt you whether you want to go to the police or other public authorities of the host country. For temporary documents will be useful scans passports and addresses of people who can confirm your identity. Of course, these documents are not a complete substitute for the lost and are only intended to stay abroad and then crossing the border.
- If you are left with no money and no way to make a quick profit, lend, transfer the required amount, it is most reasonable to apply to the diplomatic representation of the country. Do not expect that there will pay all your expenses and sent home, but contact with relatives and help smuggle the necessary amount may well help.
- If you lost your credit card, then the actions are well known. Must quickly contact the bank and block the card. Typically support around the clock, so do not wait for the morning, the end of the weekend, or to calculate the time difference. Further instructions will give you the appropriate bank employee. In some cases, possible urgent issue (during the day) temporary credit card, so you can even continue your journey without any problems.
Theme financial and personal security travel multifaceted and, of course, can not be fully covered in a single article. Surely our readers have their own ways and secrets in these matters. Or maybe you’ve already got into trouble abroad and can share their experience with us? Write, it will be interesting!