This futuristic building will provide electricity and panoramic views. Dutch windmill. It is estimated that the building will be repaid in ten years.
Windmills were the main noteworthy Dutch countryside for centuries. But in densely populated cities, whistling turbine tough sell. The new concept called Dutch windmill, can provide a quiet, not capricious repair alternative.
While most turbines use rotating blades to convert the kinetic energy of the wind into mechanical energy that generates electricity, windmill skips average pitch. Its electrostatic wind energy converter using wind, water, and an electric field to produce current.
So far, desktop prototype produces only 12.5 milliwatts – enough even for food bulb. And it is at 3% efficiency compared to typical wind turbine which provides the same performance at 45%. If the technology will be developed on schedule, according to the creators, 570-foot version will appear on the horizon of Rotterdam in the early 2020s.
People will be able to live, work and dine inside the building, which alone produces one megawatt of energy. “We want to get 100% sustainable building that will serve as a platform for all kinds of innovations,” – said the developer Lennart Graaf.
The glazed section of the facade will be equipped with touch screens augmented reality, providing a virtual layer of information with panoramic views.
- Inner ring: design of the building consists of two concentric rings on the top of the underwater foundation. The inner ring is made out of a steel frame and exterior glazing that provides stunning views of the city, a restaurant, a seven-story hotel with 72 apartments, and offices nearby.
- The outer ring: the outer ring to be used as a huge Ferris wheel, a la London Eye. 40 Glass cabins lift passengers over the city world-famous architecture and below the surface of the channel.
- Pumps: Turbine will pump water directly from the channel to activate the electrostatic wind energy converter. The system can also work with sea water or collected rainwater.
- Edektroraspredeliteli: horizontal beams will stretch along the center of the windmill. Thousands of nozzles arranged along them, are sprayed positively charged molecules of water in the air. When the wind hits the droplet with high-voltage electric field beams will generate a negative charge.
- Charging System: a negative charge will generate tension and relaxation, just like thunderclouds by negative charge discharged through lightning strike. Electricity is converted from direct current to alternating current for use windmills or storage in industrial batteries.
- Light and heat: solar panels on the outside of the ring will produce additional energy. To warm the building, the so-called thermal carousel will deliver excess heat from the production of the Rotterdam Port (the largest in Europe), a network of pipes.