Everyone was waiting for release of Xiaomi Mi 7. However, the Chinese manufacturer prepared a surprise, and decided to release Xiaomi Mi 8. Of course, it is the same Mi 7, and only the name is different.
Why Xiaomi decided to release Mi 8? In 2018 the Chinese company celebrates the anniversary – 8 years from the day of foundation.
So, until today, we have no official statements about the release of Xiaomi Mi 8, and everything was nothing more than rumors. However, today the representative of Xiaomi brand – Donavan Sang – wrote a post on Twitter official page about event Annual Product Launch 2018, which will be held on May 31. The presentation of new brand products will take place in Zhenzhen.
Now it is official – Xiaomi Mi 8 will be presented May 31, 2018. In addition to the event, the company will also present a new version of its user interface MIUI 10. New UI makes its debut on Xiaomi Mi 8.
So, we are waiting for two very important events. In this article we have collected all available information and details about upcoming phone Mi 8.
Xiaomi Mi 8: Design
We already knew for a long time that Xiaomi Mi 8 will be similar to iPhone X. All the latest Xiaomi smartphones looks similar to Apple’s phones. However, it is not surprising, because about 90% of 2018 flagships look similar to iPhone X.
However, Xiaomi Mi 8 will go beyond competitors, because it will have real Face Unlock function. As you know, OnePlus 6, LG G7, Huawei P20 and others have a small notch, because it contains only earpice and front camera. Xiaomi Mi 8 will have much bigger notch, because it will have a special infrared camera, a point projector and other sensors. That’s why the front panel of new Xiaomi phone will be the most similar to Apple flagship device.
The situation is similar with rear panel. The fingeprint reader is located under the display, while the back cover will lose any elements except main camera.
Now, the most most interesting part! The camera of Xiaomi Mi 8 will be located vertically on the upper left, and the rear panel being translucent. HTC has done something similar with U11 Plus. The design looks very interesting, and many people really like it.
Nevertheless, the designers of Xiaomi went even further, and decided to remove the paint exactly in the place where Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor is located. As a result, we have about 65-70% of black color and 30-35% of transparent glass, under which is Snapdragon 845 and some other chips.
Xiaomi Mi 8: Features
Some specs of upcoming phone are still unknown, especially we are interested in camera sensors. However, we tried to find the most true specifications of Xiaomi flagship.
So, finally it became known that Mi8 will have 6.01-inch OLED-display, Snapdragon 845 processor, 4000 mAh battery. Yes, as you can see, new phone will have long battery life, and it is very good.
- Colors: black, black translucent, white;
- Body: Gorilla Glass 5 glass and metal + additionally in ceramics;
- Display: OLED panel, 6.01″, 2280×1080 pixels, display format 19:9, contrast ratio 1500:1, Always-on Display;
- Processor: 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with a core frequency of Kryo 385 to 2.45 GHz, 10 nm LPP, 64-bit;
- Video accelerator: Adreno 630, frequency 650 MHz;
- RAM: 6 or 8 GB LPDDR4X, 4×1866 MHz;
- Internal storage: 64/128/256 GB UFS 2.1;
- Work in 4G LTE Cat networks. 18 with download speed up to 1 Gbit / s;
- SIM: nano-SIM + nano-SIM (hybrid slot), Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS);
- Wi-Fi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0;
- Navigation: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou;
- Fingerprint scanner in the display and face recognition 3D Face;
- Sound: stereo speakers with AKG sound certification;
- Battery: 4000mAh, Li-Ion, non-removable, wireless and fast charging QC 4.0;
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo + MIUI 10;
- Price: from $439.
Xiaomi MIUI 10
Just like in the past year, the new version of MIUI will make its debut on flagship phone of Mi series. Here is the most imporant improvements of MIUI 10:
- New OS will be much similar to stock Android;
- The working speed will be much increased;
- Optimization and energy consumption will improve;
- There will be all new functions from Android 8.1.
A few weeks ago, Xiaomi said that it stopped developing MIUI 9 and started working on MIUI 10. It will be much redesigned user interface, compared to previous MIUI versions, and it will look like stock Android.
Some time ago, Xiaomi conducted a survey among users to choose from MIUI 9 or stock Android. Surprisingly, the stock Android won. Xiaomi was offended, the poll was deleted, but the company has listened to its user opinions. Now MIUI 10 will only slightly customized Android.
Xiaomi Mi 8: Release date, price
Fortunately it’s no secret that flagship phone Xiaomi Mi 8 will be announced at the event Annual Product Launch 2018 on May 31. The price of basic model will start from $439.