In August Xiaomi is preparing to release the mid-range device called Xiaomi Mi Note 4. As you may remember, Mi Note 3 was released last fall in October, and this year it will appear about 2 months earlier. We don’t know why Xiaomi decided to release new generation earlier, but we already know some details about it.
So, in addition to insiders informations and leaks, Xiaomi Mi Note 4 was appeared in TENAA database. It proves that new phone will appear very soon.
In this article we will talk about specifications and main features of new Xiaomi phone. It appeared in certification agency TENAA under the model number M1807E8A. Also last month, under the same number, the device was shown in China Compulsory Certification (3C). Thanks to these leaks, we know main specifications of upcoming phone.
Xiaomi Mi Note 4: Design
Let’s recall what happened last year. Xiaomi Mi Note 3 was a complete copy of flagship Mi 6. It has only different size, while design is the same. This year, Xiaomi decided to do exactly the same thing, making the smartphone Mi Note 4 not even bigger, but a full copy of Mi 8 Explorer Edition.
Or maybe it’s a mistake? If you look at the image above, you can see that the new phone does not have a fingerprint scanner. Also the power button is red. We found this image on TENAA.
Xiaomi Mi Note 4 can really be a complete copy of Mi 8 EE. However, the fact that new phone will have a notch and dual vertical camera in the upper left corner.
Xiaomi Mi Note 4: Hardware
The full specifications list is now known yet, but there are some details about new phone. So, the device will be equipped with OLED-display with a diagonal over 6 inches. It will have Snapdragon 710 chipset, and Android 8.1 operating system.
Interestingly, it is reported that there is no NFC. The battery will have a capacity of only 3100 mAh. That’s all we know about new smartphone. But given last year’s experience, the device will receive cameras from Mi 8 and sensors for recognizing the face in the dark. Roughly speaking, Xiaomi is preparing a hybrid of Mi 8 and Mi 8 SE.
Xiaomi Mi Note 4: Specifications
- Body: all-ceramic, aluminum alloy of the 7000 series;
- Display: OLED matrix, 6+ inches, 2248×1080 pixels, display format 18.7: 9, contrast ratio 60000: 1, Always-on Display, HDR, DCI-P3, brightness 600 nits, Gorilla Glass 5;
- Processor: 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 with a core frequency of Kryo 360 to 2.2 GHz, 10 nm LPP, 64-bit;
- Video accelerator: Adreno 616, frequency 500 MHz;
- RAM: 4 or 6 GB LPDDR4X, two-channel with 1866 MHz;
- Internal storage: 64 GB eMMC 5.1;
- Memory cards: not supported;
- Work in 4G LTE Cat networks. 15 with a download speed of up to 800 Mbps;
- SIM: nano-SIM + nano-SIM (hybrid slot), Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS);
- Wi-Fi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C 2.0;
- Navigation: two-position GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou;
- Main camera: 12 megapixels Sony IMX363 (focal distance 26 mm) + 12 MP Samsung S5K3M3 (telephoto 52 mm), aperture f / 1.8 + f / 2.4, the size of the matrix is 1 / 2.55 “, the size 1.4 μm + 1.0 μm pixels, auto-focus + Dual Pixel, LED flash, optical zoom 2x and stabilization on 4 axes, 4K video recording;
- Front camera: 20 MP Sony IMX376, f/2.0, the pixel size is 1.8 microns;
- Fingerprint reader (rear) and face recognition;
- Sound: stereo speakers;
- Battery: 3100 mAh, Li-Ion, non-removable, fast charging QC 3.0;
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo + MIUI 10;
- Dimensions: not available;
- Weight: no data;
- Price: from 295 dollars.
Xiaomi Mi Note 4: Release date and price
As for release date, it is expected that smartphone will be shown in August. Most likely in the second half of the month. The price starts from $295. Given that the smartphone is very similar to Mi 8 SE, but it has the cameras from Mi 8, it is very good price, because Mi 8 SE costs from $280, and Mi 8 from $421.