Yesterday Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 was official realeased! We already have first images, photos, specifications list and price. So, let’s start our first review of new smartphone.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Series
Do you remember Redmi Note 5A? It was the first smartphone in the series. It has some modifications: with fingerprint reader and without it. Then it was released Xiaomi Redmi 5A. It has the same specs, but 5 inch screen.
And finally Xiaomi released Redmi Note 5. It comes in two models: Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro. The first smartphone is the same as Redmi 5 Plus. But what about Redmi Note 5 Pro? What interesting things can it offer?
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro: Specifications
New smartphone is intested to us by two things: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor, dual back camera and advanced front 20MP camera.
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor (8 cores Kryo 260 with frequency up to 1.8 GHz)
• Adreno 506 graphics
• 3, 4 or 6 GB RAM
• 32, 64 or 64 GB of storage
• Micro SD supported (combo slot)
• IPS-display with a diagonal of 5.99 inches and a resolution of 2160 x 1080 (density 403 ppi, brightness 450 nits, contrast 1500: 1, matching the NTSC palette 83%)
• Front camera 20 megapixels (Sony IMX376 sensor, Full HD video recording)
• main cameras 12 (f/2.2, pixel size 1.25 microns) + 5 megapixels (f/2.0, pixel size 1.12 microns)
• 4,000 mAh power supply
• Android 7
• MIUI 9 shell
• sensors: accelerometer, light and distance sensor, fingerprint scanner (rear)
• Connectors: Micro USB 2.0, nothing is known about the audio output yet
• Dimensions: 158.6 x 75.4 x 8 mm
• weight 181 g
• 2G, 3G, 4G (LTE bands: 1, 3, 5, 40, 41)
• support for two SIM cards
• Wi-Fi, Bluetooth (version not announced)
• geolocation services: GPS, Glonass, Beidou
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro: Hardware
The new chipset has Adreno 509 graphite accelerator. In addition, the processor supports Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC, but there is nothing known about their availability in Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro: Camera
The main feature of new smartphone are cameras. At the backside you can see vertical dual camera, just like iPhone X. On the front panel there is advanced camera for selfie lovers. It has 20MP resolution and f/2.0 aperture.
As you know, Xiaomi phones makes really good photos, and I haven’t doubt about Redmi Note 5 Pro, especcially front camera.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro: Release date and price
As for the prices and release date Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, it will go on sale February 22. The basic model with 4GB RAM/64GB storage will cost $180, while the price of 6GB/64GB version will be $230.